the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Whiner Radio

I've been listening to a lot of music vocalized by women lately. Michelle Branch, Madonna, Sheryl Crow, and Gwen Stefani are all regulars on my iPod Mini. I rarely listen to the radio anymore and have started cycling in older tunes (some listed in my radio.blog over there) to round things out.

And then I had an epiphany.

I was in the car, cruising along, punching through the FM channels when I found that the words, "Shut up!" were coming out of my mouth as I kept pushing the SEEK button. And I was saying "shut up" to all the frickin' WHINERS I was being forced to endure.

Dear LAWD, those guys won't stop it! I hate to burst their bubble, but Robert Smith pioneered whining as a musical style. He's a pro at it. Everyone else should NOT whine while singing. Grow some balls, you self-loathing little bitch-men! Stop with all the angsty "my life is over without you" crap.

All the women are singing about partying since their mens left... or how much they dig being with their mens. They're not whining. Not a single whine amongst them. Hell, even Suzanne Vega isn't whining! (Ok, she rarely ever did in her songs, but one could imagine her doing it. She's really quite funny... singular wit on that lady.)

It's just the menfolk: Lifehouse, Rob Thomas, 3 Doors Down... gawdammed Green Day has gotten into the whiner act! They used to be PUNK!

Gone are the days of men-being-men tunes on the radio. No pop songs about boozin', drivin', or swoopin'... just songs about whinin'.

...makes me sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R