the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Firewood and Sawing Logs.

So, my beloved wifey is off on the East Coast of this great nation. Leaving me and the two cats to fend for ourselves. Out little gray kitty, Sophie, doesn't much seem to notice that Mika is gone. Well, she notices that there's no one to walk all over and sleep on top of, but that's about it. Bailey, the huge black panther, is in solid mope. He wandered aimlessly around the house last night, crying. He's such a momma's boy.

It's rough sleeping all by myself. That big bed gets a might chilly without two in it to warm it up. Plus, there's something very comforting and reassuring about having a beautiful woman snoozing happily away right next to me. That breathing rhythm of hers when she's sleeping... it's relaxing.

* * *

I got the enviable task of shifting a half cord of wood on Saturday... by myself. I had two buddies offer to help, but by the time the wood actually showed up, I figured they'd be too busy prepping for the night of Halloween debauchery. No, I wasn't feeling martyrish nor cavalier about it; I just didn't want to stress anyone out and figured I could handle it.

As it turns out, I could.

Once I stopped using my back as a crane, I did fine. I broke a sweat, breathed a little heavy... got a nice work out. Of course, on Sunday, a few muscles I didn't even know I had were a bit sore, but today I'm good.

And tonight, all the little kids in the neighborhood will be out panhandling for anything laced with sugar. Feh. I think I'll work at a Haunted House next year. Scare some folks. That's a lot more fun than watching TV and waiting for the doorbell to ring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R