the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Shoes?

So, what are they called these days? Tennis shoes, sneakers, walking shoes, cross trainers, trail runners, hikers, clogs... damn.

I don't know what you call them, but those things that you put on your feet when you want to take a walk, I got a pair of them. And it took about a month.

Once I decided that I was losing weight, I came up with a plan. One element of the plan was to walk. Since I spend upwards of 10 hours a day at work, and about 9.65 hours of that sitting, it only seems logical that moving about would be a good thing.

So, we (the wifey and I) started walking in the mornings. I went through my various pairs of shoes, one each time we walked, and came to the conclusion that my Doc Martens were the most comfy to walk in. Problem there being that they really weren't that well suited to walking, they tended to make my feet damn hot... and they do look silly with sweatpants.

From there, the hunt for walking shoes began. The local shops were useless. When I did manage to get a "Sales Assistant" to actually assist me, the shoes never fit right. So, off to the Internet. Luckily, all the joints I bought from had a very comprehensive return policy cuz none of those fit well either.

Finally, I landed upon New Balance. They had, what appeared to be, the perfect shoe. It was wide in front, narrow at the heel, tall bridge, moderate arch support... and the best part: retro styling. Yeah, these look like the sneakers I grew up in, but they're all modern. They arrived, I was jazzed... but couldn't get my foot into them. Heh... 1/2 size too small. I sent them back, New Balance sent me a bigger size, and now I'm styling. I'm going to go tromping around the campus here at work and see how they hold up. They're light and comfy, but I'll see if they can hold up to what my Hobbit feet have to dish out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Max Marie, OFS said...

NAH! Stay away from tennies. You have flat feet. You need GOOD walking shoes. I found Dansko shortly before Lee, Scottie and I hit North Carolina for Haunt Con.

Dansko RULES! My bad knee is so happy in the Dansko shoes it swell like MAD if I wear anything else.

Get you some of these:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.ASP?wc=true&base_no=69971&dept_id=

4:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R