the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Seriously, what *are* my long-term goals?

I'm in the video games industry.

I currently hold one of the coolest jobs in the industry: looking at every single game that The Company (yes, I'm back at The Company) makes for Nintendo consoles. I get to look at games for week or so; not tied to ONE game for MONTHS like QA. So, short term, I'm set.

But what are my long term goals? Where do I see myself in 4 or 5 years? What do I want to do?

Most folks in the games industry start out thinking that they want to be Games Producers. But I've already been an Associate Producer. Heck, I've already been a Producer. I've been interviewed by GameBorder, OnRPG, 1UP, and IGN.

Do I want to do that again?

Maybe a Development Director? Or Technical Director? Product Management? Program Management? Maybe head up a QC/QA deparement?

...sigh.

I just don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R