the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The King is Dead. How Long Will the King Live?


So, as you might have heard, Gaute Godager quit Funcom because he was unsatisfied with Age of Conan.

Yeah... the guy responsible for the production, direction, and design of Age of Conan was so unhappy with how Funcom was running it that he bailed.

This raises the question:
How long will Age of Conan really last now?

I wasn't in the Beta for AoC, but I did join up about a day after retail launch. I played the game for two months and quickly got bored of it. Even after joining in with a group of about 10 other players, the game STILL got boring.

I learned after Final Fantasy Online that I should NOT hang around in MMORPGs for months and months just to make sure that I'm not missing something. And to be really honest, I should have canceled AoC during the first month and not paid for an additional month.

What I'm saying by all this is that I completely agree with Godager's sentiments on the game: it's dissatisfying. So, AoC is being run so poorly that Funcom isn't just losing players, they're losing staff.

Yeah... I can't say that I think AoC will last more than a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R