the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

House M.D. boring / Fringe rules.

I NEVER thought I'd type this, but the season opener for House M.D. was a bit on the dull side. And by "a bit" I mean "really quite" and by "dull" I mean "completely boring."

I'd like to thank the show's writers for reminding us that the characters of Chase and Cameron still exist... but seriously; how contrived were their appearances? Their roles were neither vital nor pivotal. And in light of Wilson's *real* reason for leaving, Cameron was completely unnecessary.
Not that I want them to be written off the show... quite the contrary. I'd be very happy if it somehow wound up that the new three left and old team came back. But for the time being, could their presence had relevance please? Thanks.

And gee: rectal bleeding & leprosy... already seen it a dozen times & already been done. *SNORE*

But Fringe, on the other hand: completely entertaining. The series opener last week had me chomping at the bit for more. But this week had me concerned: did FOX try to pull the same stunt on Fringe that they pulled on Firefly? I know I'm not the only person who noticed that, after the teaser opener, the next 10 minutes were a recap of the previous show... complete with reintroductions of all the characters and a reminder that Dr. Bishop has his old lab back.
This is the same stunt FOX pulled on Firefly: "Oh we don't want this introductory episode that explains who everyone is and what the situation is! We want viewers to feel like they're already in the thick of the action!!"
Which is bullshit because viewers don't feel like they're in the thick of it, they feel lost. So at least we got to see the pilot episode as the series opener.

Anywho, second episode of Fringe and Agent Dunham is still clueless, but "can do!"; Peter is still a smart-ass pain in the neck; and Dr. Bishop is still completely left of center. And best of all, I'm still completely entertained by the action + drama + black comedy. Gads, but I love the little comedic spurs in the show... especially the ones in completely inappropriate situations.

Yes... FOX, of all networks, has three shows I loves: House, Bones, and Fringe. But Fringe may quickly overtake the other two for my affections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R