the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Thank you, for not watching.

"Aah! Curse you and your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Yes, my series set of Firefly arrived in the mail yesterday and I was able to sit though 2 hours of it with barely an interruption. (Well, my wife did come home and ask what was up, but I was able to do the grunty-non-verbal-grunt thing that says to all interlopers: "I'm watching a show and it's really good. Please cease all noise.")

I would like to thank everyone for not watching this show while it was on the air. Most of all, I'd like to thank myself for not watching. See, if I had been watching the show and they yanked it, I'd be pissed. More pissed than I was when Joan of Arcadia and Farscape were pulled... combined. But since I wasn't watching, I now get to watch the entire series and then the movie, with no multi-year gap inbetween. And not waiting is always good.

I'm a fan of movies and really good TV shows. Actually, I'm a fan of writers and directors, and sometimes actors. Any TV show or movie with good writing, good direction and good acting gets me all fired up. And Firefly, or what I've seen of it already, has great writing, good direction, and good acting. (Well, Adam Baldwin [Jayne] and Alan Tudyk [Wash] are great/phenomonal, everyone else is good.) High caliber stuff makes me happy. The action is good, but the interplay between the characters and comic stuff... over the top fantastic.

"Can't get paid if you crawl away like a bitty little bug neither. I got a share of this job. Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here... nothin' into nothin', carry the nothin'..."

"Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might want to see to that."

"Oh, see - they don't know a damn thing! It's all over your face and I ain't even... I was gonna get me a ear, too."

"Aah! Curse you and your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Classic.

I can't wait to watch the rest and then catch the movie... and then purchase the movie on DVD and put up on a pedastal with the series and judge all other Sci-Fi by how it compares.

1 Comments:

Blogger Max Marie, OFS said...

Excellent film. I'm cooler than you. I saw it first...

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R