the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Next Best Thing


Whoever decided that putting video game music on a CD so we (gamers) could listen to it whenever/wherever was a total genius. I'm sure marketing and sales folks would agree with me.

But, as I am just another consumer whore, I'm simply stoked over being able to own game music in a musical format. Today's gem is the Shadow of the Colossus Soundtrack. I got mine off of eBay for a whopping $10.00. And it's the real deal, not a burn, rip, nor pirate version. (Positive feedback has been left.)

The only rough part, especially with this soundtrack, is that I want to play the game when I listen. I hear the battle music and feel the urge to stab wayward, unwitting mobile statues with a sword. Sounds cruel, doesn't it? Yes, well, I won't ruin the story for you.

I also have the OST for ICO coming. That's something I've been meaning to get my mitts on for years. That'll get me motivated. I miss that game. It's like an old friend...

Is that wrong of me to think of nearly perfect video games as old friends? Ah well. Sor the time being, if I can't play, I'll listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R