the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Polls.

Polls frustrate me.

Opinion polls are usually taken from a one-sided demographic and are often made of a statistically invalid number of people.

CNN just posted their take on a recent Gallup Poll. (Which, by the way, CNN co-sponsored.)

Now, upon reviewing the article, you might say:
"Poor Dubya Bushy. He's just one big disservice to himself. America is sick of him and he's dragging the whole Republican party down with him."

Whether or not that's true depends upon what side of the fence you're leaning against...

But now for my point:
Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,003 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted Dec. 9-11, 2005. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points. In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.
"One can say with 95% confidence..." that's a crock of shit. No one speaks in 95%.

Since there are over 280 Million people who live in the United States, do you think that one thousand is a statiscally valid number of people to poll? Well, it's not.

And my favorite part:
"In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls." Translation: the pollsters can tip the scales however they want; on purpose, or by accident.


Hence why polls frustrate me.

3 Comments:

Blogger panzerjedi said...

I blame the fucktard for ruining the economy (where are all the jobs jackass), Social Security (for some reason I put money into - I'll never see a dime of SS in my old age), and getting us into theis huge mess with the Middle East over an arcaic fuel source (we have the technology to overcome our over-reliance on fossil fuels). I hate G.W. Bush. He's a dumbass, he speaks like a dumbass, and he even has that "I have no idea what I'm talking about" look when he speaks. ARGH!!!!!

12:56 AM

 
Blogger erong said...

Dood. How do you REALLY feel? Now don't hold anything back. ;-)

9:02 AM

 
Blogger panzerjedi said...

Heh, okay... What I really want to say is that I want to kick the crap out of my friend for actualy voting and continually standing up for this half-ass of a President. He thinks there's nothing wrong with the economy and that there are plenty of jobs for everyone. Need I remind us that he is working as a "dealer" at Artichoke Joes. Some career. Loser.

9:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R