the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Friday, December 08, 2006

days go by...

...I catch myself smile. More than you'd ever expect.

As you may be aware, it's been about 4 months since my last post. Yes, I still own the best car evar (My 2006 Black 2-door Rabbit), yes I'm still married, yes I'm still living on the Peninsula... NO, I don't still work at EA.

For those of you who didn't know, from 2001 to a few months ago (2006) I worked at Electronic Arts. I made decent, but not great money and worked preposterous hours every Spring and Summer. And sensing a pending disturbance in the force (aka the coming of the Wii) I bailed. There were already 10 real reasons why I shouldn't have been working there, and adding in an even worse work schedule with the prospect of my hating a game system I'd been looking forward to for a year made it all too much.

So I quit.

But, as so often happens in my life, I had about a month of blissful downtime, and promptly found an even better job. I'm still in the gaming industry and now have the coveted word "Producer" in my title, and I work in San Francisco again, and I'm commuting on the train, and I get my cappuccino every morning, and I'm losing weight from all the walking, and the folks I work with are crazy & cool and... well, to put it bluntly: I'm happy.

I'm so noticeably happy that I apologized to my lovely wife for being a crab for the past 4 years.

So now you know.

And knowing is half the battle.

OoooOoooOoooOoooOooo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R