the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Freeways aren't free.

Me, behind the wheel of a car, is a thing to witness... well out of earshot. I'm a perfectly happy driver when no one else is on the road, but get 5 other cars out there with me, and I want to kill them. Until quite recently, I was firm believer that:
1. There are 158,000 people in the State of California who should never drive on the freeway.
2. Of those 158,000 people, 99,000 should never have been given a license in the first place.
3. Of those 99,000 people, 7,000 should never EVER be behind the wheel of a car; even if they are dead and someone is playing a freakish joke posthumously.
4. Of those 7,000 people, fifteen of them will be on the same stretch of highway with me.
5. Of that fifteen, four will be directly in front of me.

There are times when I still beleive that's true. Like this morning.

I won't go into details because I really don't want to relive it. I'll just say that if roof-mounted rocket launchers were legal, there would be 1 Mercedes C Class (diesel, of course), 2 BMW X3s, 1 Ford Focus, and 1 Chrysler Town & Country burning in hellish fire on highway 101 this morning, with hundreds caught in the apocalyptic aftermath.

Fast lane means FAST, people! "Slower traffic keep right" is NOT a suggestion, it's the LAW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R