the ramblings, rantings, ravings, and readings of one eron g. being from the San Francisco Bay Area of foggy California, eron g is usually angry or confused about something.
warning: this blog is rated R for language, alcohol use, and sexual themes.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

When I say "See" I do not mean "Punch"

I sometimes find it ostensibly ridiculous how much I take some folks’ weblogs to heart.
Some people, meh. Their entries are as personal an American Greetings “I’m Sorry” card with a rock glued to it hurled at great velocity into a crowded Starbucks.
But others… I get a real sense of that person. At times, I actually empathize with them. I understand their pain. Sick, yesh? That’s me.

Whatever the f*@k is wrong with my brain, it doesn’t end there. I imagine that normal people, when lying in their beds readying their normal brains for sleep, wax poetic on their deeds of the day. Perhaps they chuckle at some random morsel of hilarity right before they blissfully enter SleepyLand. (Yesh, SleepyLand has adopted the 90’s “CapitaliZation WheRe It DoesN’t BeLong” fetish.) I, on the other hand, do not. My brain teems with information. Random crap from the day floods my conscious which invariably throws coal into the boiler of My Brakeless Train of Thought™. And it’s not like said train of thought has any set path… oh no. It careens off at mind-bending speeds, visiting places I’ve not seen in 5, 10, or 20 years. And then, just when it finds a particularly miserable or uncomfortable memory, it halts for a visit.

That’s not normal, right?

In the past, I’ve extolled the virtues of Xanax, heralding its calming ability. Such cries of praise are always met with concern or even outrage. “How can you condone the use of such mind-altering drugs?” some decry. My reply, “Buddy, if you had my mind, you’d want it altered.” But it's not the past anymore, and I only have need of that ballistic calmative when travelling. (Note: Mac + Travelling = Vomit & Sociopathic Episode)

* * *

The heretofore labelled “Tiki Death Punch” has been renamed a much less controversial: “Scorned Alien God Punch”. No, I will not repeat its ingredients nor the hour-long preparation of only 1 part of the punch. The recipe will be released in a book at some point in the future. You’ll just need to wait.

Speaking of books reminds me of writing, and writing reminds me that my screenplay is being blue & redpenciled in the capable hands of a resident of that much maligned “LA Area.” Yesh, we S.F. Bay Area dwellers do not much appreciate the work of those too-tanned folks. But: if ya wanna write a movie, ya gotta work with those folks. Besides, the gal who’s giving my script the once-over (twice) is a doll. Much hugs to her!

* * *

And, today was a Saturday; a Saturday that saw me at work. I’ll be at work tomorrow as well. And then in again for another 5 days straight after that. Mmm… 12-day work weeks. Which brings me to today’s closer:
No matter what anyone tells you, never, NEVER work in the development, production, or testing areas of a video game company if you like having a social life.

* * *
My Brakeless Train of Thought is a registered Trademark of Lone Mantis Creations. Used here with permission. © 2005 Lone Mantis Creations.

1 Comments:

Blogger Max Marie, OFS said...

Goodness, oh brother of mine. Try meditation. Learn the Zen art of shutting your brain off. Try Gregorian chant.

3:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Rated R